Sunday, September 23, 2018

Riverina Group Forums

Welcome to the Riverina Group Forums. The forums are public however you will have to register on the website if you would like to post in any of the forums.

Riverina Group ForumRiverina Group ForumDiscussionsDiscussionsFarm Buildings ...Farm Buildings ...Farm Buildings - Shearing ShedFarm Buildings - Shearing Shed
Disabled 
Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 7/2/2014 8:32 AM

Dear Brains Trust Contributors, Many thanks for the myriad suggestions regarding the Shearing Shed question. For those old enough, I might as well have yelled "Wide Combs" in a pub full of shearers - I would have received a similar response. Talk about a divisive issue! One of the best answers I got was from Glenn Brasier at Tumut Shire, thanks Glenn. Fortunately the building is under 200 square metres so I will be going with Exempt Development. See Glenn's elaboration on the Group web site on other matters also, he makes a good case. Thanks again everyone - it's nice to know advice is out there and we have a great network. Cheers, Neil Smith (BEST)
New Post
 7/4/2014 8:29 AM

I worked on a practice note with the Victorian Building Commission (as it was known) & the Victorian Municipal Building Surveyors Group. The answer was that these are a Class 8. SA has a ministerial Specification for Farm Buildings. It would be appropriate for NSW to do a similar process. This is perhaps something to look at with the BPB & Planning NSW Building Technical Branch. Just because it is hard to classify these as a Class 10a is not appropriate just to call them Class 10. Machinery sheds & the like are different (reasonable to call them Class 10a) but workplaces are different. Factors to consider are access for disabled - consider Clause D3.4(d) appropriateness according to use, Egress doors - not hard to install. Remoteness of buildings - ie is a fire brigade available to attend if over 500m2 to look at whether a hydrant & hose reel service are applicable. Exit signs/ emergency lighting again look at area positions. Portable fire extinguishers - not hard to provide. Regards Greg Johnston Deniliquin Council
Disabled 
Previous

Next
 Disabled
Riverina Group ForumRiverina Group ForumDiscussionsDiscussionsFarm Buildings ...Farm Buildings ...Farm Buildings - Shearing ShedFarm Buildings - Shearing Shed

Site by Cuttlefish Design © 2010.