Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Riverina Group Forums

Welcome to the Riverina Group Forums. The forums are public however you will have to register on the website if you would like to post in any of the forums.

Riverina Group ForumRiverina Group ForumDiscussionsDiscussionsBASIXBASIXBASIX Certficate RequirementsBASIX Certficate Requirements
Disabled 
Previous

Next
 Disabled
New Post
 7/17/2014 2:36 PM

Hi Guys I have been discussing BASIX Certificates requirements with a developer who has questioned my understanding of Multi Residential Development against Single Dwelling development. We have been operating on the advice given to us from BASIX, that a development involving one allotment requires one BASIX Certificate, if the development involves a single dwelling, then we require a BASIX certificate for a single dwelling. If the development involves a Dual Occupancy or unit development then we require a single BASIX Certificate for a multi residential development. (We still apply this rule even if they are intending to Strata Subdivide the units as you cannot complete a Stata Subdivision until the buildings are finished and you have something physical to strata subdivide) The developer is claiming that we are the only Council that requires a ‘multi-residential’ BASIX certificate for dual occupancies and that other Councils are happy to accept two separate BASIX certificates for each individual dwelling on the same allotment. (which is much easier for them to obtain) I am interested in knowing what other Council’s require…….? I have reviewed the BASIX website and passed the following information onto the developer in question. If anyone else has a different interpretation as to the definitions I would really like to know……. As per our conversation surrounding the BASIX requirements for Dual Occupancy Dwellings etc. and Council’s advice that a single BASIX certificate is required per allotment which outlines the development to be carried out on that allotment, (either being a single dwelling or multi residential). I have attached a screen shot from the BASIX Website (Dwelling Types) which clearly shows that ‘Dual Occupancy Dwellings’, ‘Two houses on one lot’ and ‘Secondary dwellings’ etc. are all defined as ‘Multi Residential’ and are not included in the ‘Single Dwelling’ definition. BASIX defines a ‘Multi-dwelling – house’ as being “A number of dwellings (whether attached or detached) on one lot of land, each with access at ground level. Examples include dual occupancy, villa units, attached houses (townhouses) and secondary dwellings. Development can be strata titled and can include common areas and common infrastructure.” BASIX has included an exception for a ‘semi-detached home’ which is included in the single dwelling house definition, stating “A single dwelling house is one individual (separate or attached) dwelling house on a separate lot”. Examples include separate detached houses, one of a pair of semi-detached houses or a single attached house (townhouse) where each dwelling is separately titled, though they may share common infrastructure”. As I mentioned during our conversation today, this allows for any number of attached dwellings to be built on separate, Torrens Title allotments, each being treated as a single dwelling house and each having their own BASIX Certificate. The rule here is and remains so “One allotment, One BASIX”…… I look forward to some feed back……………… Regards Chris Chris Imrie Manager Development Services Cootamundra Shire Council Chris.Imrie@Cootamundra.nsw.gov.au
Disabled 
Previous

Next
 Disabled
Riverina Group ForumRiverina Group ForumDiscussionsDiscussionsBASIXBASIXBASIX Certficate RequirementsBASIX Certficate Requirements

Site by Cuttlefish Design © 2010.